WOW! Who will win the latest CRYPTO BET: between Roger Ver and Charlie Lee about Lightning Network

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who will win the Roger Ver vs Charlie Lee Bet about Lightning Network

• Roger Ver, but Charlie will not honor the bet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charlie Lee, but Roger will not honor the bet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
At the end of this video interview between Roger Ver (Bitcoin Cash evangelist) and Charlie Lee (founder of Litecoin), which was recorded on the Blockchain cruise early September, they made a bet on the state of the Lightning Network in 18 months: if Bitcoin's Lightning Network doesn't have at least 1000 merchants connected, then Charlie will wear a Bitcoin Cash T-shirt while admitting in a video that he was wrong! On the other hand if Bitcoin Lightning Network does have at least 1000 merchants connected, then Charlie wins and Roger Ver will wear any T-shirt of Charlie's choice (and it may be Roger's archenemy: a Blockstream t-shirt!!) AND he will admit HE was wrong!! Now that would be a true epic moment in crypto history if that would ever happen!

The date of recording was Sept 9, 2018 according to them, so 18 months later would be March 9, 2020! Mark your calendars! LOL!

So who do you think will win this bet or who do you hope will win and why? Will Lightning Network have 1000 merchants connected by that time? Will the winner of this bet actually come through on the terms? Let me know what you think!

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
At the end of this video interview between Roger Ver (Bitcoin Cash evangelist) and Charlie Lee (founder of Litecoin), which was recorded on the Blockchain cruise early September, they made a bet on the state of the Lightning Network in 18 months: if Bitcoin's Lightning Network doesn't have at least 1000 merchants connected, then Charlie will wear a Bitcoin Cash T-shirt while admitting in a video that he was wrong! On the other hand if Bitcoin Lightning Network does have at least 1000 merchants connected, then Charlie wins and Roger Ver will wear any T-shirt of Charlie's choice (and it may be Roger's archenemy: a Blockstream t-shirt!!) AND he will admit HE was wrong!! Now that would be a true epic moment in crypto history if that would ever happen!

The date of recording was Sept 9, 2018 according to them, so 18 months later would be March 9, 2020! Mark your calendars! LOL!

So who do you think will win this bet or who do you hope will win and why? Will Lightning Network have 1000 merchants connected by that time? Will the winner of this bet actually come through on the terms? Let me know what you think!
Bc of potential unsolved barriers with LN I'm putting my money with Roger this time...