What types of cryptocurrency wallets can you choose from? Quick overview

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
To begin exploring which type of wallet you should choose to store your cryptocurrency (literally store your private keys) and use for transactions, you can read our article that gives a decent overview and explains the various options available and what you can consider. Of course the choice depends a lot on how you will use the wallet and how much you wanna choose and for how long; these are all factors you need to take into consideration when choosing the right wallet for your situation. You will learn what these wallet types are:

- difference between hot storage and cold storage
- Exchange wallets
- Online wallets
- Desktop wallets
- Mobile wallets
- Paper wallets
- Hardware wallets

Give our article a read and ask any additional questions in the article's comment section or here in this thread.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018
Of course the choice depends a lot on how you will use the wallet and how much you wanna choose and for how long; these are all factors you need to take into consideration when choosing the right wallet for your situation.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Of course the choice depends a lot on how you will use the wallet and how much you wanna choose and for how long; these are all factors you need to take into consideration when choosing the right wallet for your situation.
In the post I included a link to one of our articles that gives some insight in the use of different wallet types

tancredx

Oct 2, 2018
Hi there,

I have a question: im interested to keep my cryptocoins on a hardware wallet (Ledger Nano S), but i have in my portfolio many altcoins, so my question is: can i keep all kind of altcoins on a Ledger Wallet?

Thnx!

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Hi there,

I have a question: im interested to keep my cryptocoins on a hardware wallet (Ledger Nano S), but i have in my portfolio many altcoins, so my question is: can i keep all kind of altcoins on a Ledger Wallet?

Thnx!
Unfortunately they dont support every altcoin out there but they do support alot. You can search on their website for the latest list of altcoins that they support.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Hi there,

Thnx!
And if I may add to stellarowl's reply: even if you hold ERC20 tokens that are not directly supported by Ledger hardware wallet, you can also use the device to secure addresses on Myetherwallet.com where you can then safely store all your altcoins WITH the protection of the Ledger device! Hope that helps.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Here is the link with instructions for using ledger nano s for Myetherwallet.com; there you can send and receive Ether and all ERC20 tokens. https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005200009 The explainer is from the Ledger site itself.

On this page, https://www.ledger.com/pages/supported-crypto-assets, you can see which coins the device already supports; it suggests that a lot of ERC20 tokens are already supported directly with the device's apps, but I wouldn't know that for certain. I personally always manage all my Ethereum related assets through MEW.

Nov 11, 2018
There are a lot of platforms to exchange cryptocurrency at the present time. I’m staying with coinsbank. Working with them few years already, never had problems. Fast transactions, easy exchange place. I’m just waiting new card issuing to be happy.
https://coinsbank.com/