Trading goods and services for crypto on decentralized Amazon-like platform Openbazaar, now also decentralized cryptotrading!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
Personally I find this project Openbazaar.org one of the coolest projects in crypto space: it is a decentralized peer2peer marketplace like Amazon or Ebay for merchants and individuals to buy and sell their goods and services for crypto! No more excuse that you can't spend your cryptocurrencies!! Above all it is decentralized and driven by the community, you can participate anonymous on the platform. There are no fee on the platform except blockchain network fees or moderator fees if you use a moderator as escrow service. These moderators work with multisig wallets; if there is a dispute between buyer and seller, the moderator gets called in to resolve it and decide what should happen with the payment. The platform looks really usable and practical interface. I hope this platform will gain a lot more attention and encourage people to use crypto to buy things but also to earn crypto by selling stuff.

Another cool thing they added recently, is buying and selling of cryptocurrency itself peer 2 peer. They say it is not an exchange, so no order book or order matching. Just list the crypto you wanna buy or sell against which crypto. Also here, the feature of escrow by moderators can be used. Of course decentralized exchanges in the form of ethereum based crypto is already evolving, but for cross-chain trading not many options are available yet; hopefully Openbazaar.org will make a huge leap forward with this.

In this blog post you can read how it works and a video tutorial is included in the article as well. https://www.openbazaar.org/blog/cryptocurrency-trading-now-available-on-openbazaar/

If you wanna use this platform, you start here: https://www.openbazaar.org.

Last edited:

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
PS: Openbazaar is developped as open source software and the company that developped it doesn't charge fees appearantly on the platform, because it is free to use by anyone. It didn't do an ICO, which would have totally made sense for this project tbh, however they received a couple of million VC funding. I am just curious what would be the business model for this company that would gives these VC's a ROI?

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
PS: Openbazaar is developped as open source software and the company that developped it doesn't charge fees appearantly on the platform, because it is free to use by anyone. It didn't do an ICO, which would have totally made sense for this project tbh, however they received a couple of million VC funding. I am just curious what would be the business model for this company that would gives these VC's a ROI?
Argh, OpenBazaar sounds super cool but I have to download a client in order to use it? No thanks.

That'll be a big barrier to adoption of OpenBazaar imo. I want to be able to browse their products just on the open Web without download a client. Lol

Jun 12, 2018
Also here, the feature of escrow by moderators can be used. Of course decentralized exchanges in the form of ethereum based crypto is already evolving, but for cross-chain trading not many options are available yet; hopefully Openbazaar.org will make a huge leap forward with this.