ICON Discussion

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Laura561

Jan 30, 2018
Just heard that icon is supposed to do a token swap soon. Does this mean they can’t be stored on MyEtherWallet anymore? How do you do the token swap?

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
Thank you! It's a lot of work keeping up with all of the coins and their updates.
Yes and especially since so many projects are launching their mainnets currently; hard to keep up for sure. I believe the precise dates for the token swap still need to be announced and there will be a 3 month period to swap the ERC20 tokens into ICON's mainnet coins. If there is an announcement we will try to publish as soon as we can on this platform, so people will be informed well in time I aim for.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
IMPORTANT: TOKEN SWAP ANNOUNCED!!!

As promised we would update you all here when there would be more updates on the ERC20 token to mainnet coin swap process, well, Icon has recently announced their token swap schedule. There are a few exchanges that can process the token swap; however the time to do this is very limited, deposits have to be done before:

1. Binance: 20th of June (09:00 UTC+9)
2. Upbit: 20th of June (22:00 UTC +9)
3. Bithumb: 21st of June (time TBA)

After this, the exchanges will suspend deposits and withdrawals for these tokens until the swap process is completed and the mainnet is deemed stable.

The second option to do the token swap is by using the ICONex wallet. In this wallet it will be possible to receive the erc20 tokens and do the swap into mainnet coins within the wallet. This option will be available for 3 months.

Keep in mind that if you might want/need to trade in ICX, you will need to have them deposited on one of the exchanges before they suspend deposits and withdrawals.

Be aware that there will be a lot of phishing attempts as usual during token swap events! And also verify statements about token swap support by other than mentioned exchanges with the official ICON Foundation sources.

I have tried to summarize the information known to me as is, you should however follow the announcement and instruction provided by ICO; here is their official Medium article: https://medium.com/helloiconworld/icx-token-swap-schedule-announcement-10238888a50d

Jun 12, 2018
I believe the precise dates for the token swap still need to be announced and there will be a 3 month period to swap the ERC20 tokens into ICON's mainnet coins