Ethos Universal Wallet

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 25, 2018
Norway
I'm a big fan of the upcoming Ethos Universal Wallet. I have been in the Ethos community since ICO, and have been a big follower of this project since it was called Bitquence. I do believe that the Universal Wallet, and all the other upcoming features Ethos will launch, will be a new and easier way for new beginners to enter the world of Crypto. It will make everything easier and more understandable.

I wanted to start this thread so people can discuss Ethos and give everyone their opinion.

To start of I want to share with you this video from Ethos's Youtube. Enjoy.

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm a big fan of the upcoming Ethos Universal Wallet. I have been in the Ethos community since ICO, and have been a big follower of this project since it was called Bitquence. I do believe that the Universal Wallet, and all the other upcoming features Ethos will launch, will be a new and easier way for new beginners to enter the world of Crypto. It will make everything easier and more understandable.

I wanted to start this thread so people can discuss Ethos and give everyone their opinion.

To start of I want to share with you this video from Ethos's Youtube. Enjoy.

Yes, this has been on my radar ever since you introduced it to the BFB community. Do you have a rough date for when the wallet will be ready for release/launch?

May 25, 2018
Norway
It’s in the final stages of testing. 2k users out of 30k pre-registered UW-users have been chosen to the last stage of testing, and the rumors sais it will roll out in June.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
Releasing the wallet will be a very crucial milestone for Ethos I imagine. If the same thing happens as with the Trinity release for IOTA, then Ethos hodlers can be very happy. I was curious, in the video they mention the concept of a smart key. What is the concept of that feature?

EspenOlsen

May 25, 2018
Norway
The smart key is Ethos way of securing your wallet. It will be the key to provide access to all your wallets.
When you first create your wallet, you will be asked to shake your phone 4 times, and each time, the app will generate words. You will end up with a 24-word phrase to write down.
Sounds like a standard passphrase for me, but I guess when we open the app the first time we will see if it works in any other ways.

EspenOlsen

May 25, 2018
Norway
“We are thrilled to announce that Fusion Financial Advisors, LLC (“Fusion”) is now a federally registered investment advisor regulated in the United States, and the first regulated advisor to offer diversified portfolios consisting of cryptocurrencies."

This is huge guyes. Fusion and Ethos are the same thing. And by being the first company in the united states being approved by SEC inn all 50 states will be hugh.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
“We are thrilled to announce that Fusion Financial Advisors, LLC (“Fusion”) is now a federally registered investment advisor regulated in the United States, and the first regulated advisor to offer diversified portfolios consisting of cryptocurrencies."

This is huge guyes. Fusion and Ethos are the same thing. And by being the first company in the united states being approved by SEC inn all 50 states will be hugh.
Sounds indeed like a huge achievement; however if Fusion and Ethos are the same thing, it also sounds very centralized? Btw, the smart key generation tech sounds very cool! But I still don't get how it is different from the usual concept of seed phrase/private key.

Jun 12, 2018
If the same thing happens as with the Trinity release for IOTA, then Ethos hodlers can be very happy. I was curious, in the video they mention the concept of a smart key. What is the concept of that feature?