Ethereum could be the next Bitcoin by its price?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

mandisa

Jul 25, 2018
As we see the ethereum price is getting low and low every day. It was same thing happen with the Bitcoin in the past then it has reached where it is right now. Will we see the ethereum competing with bitcoin in the coming one year?

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
As we see the ethereum price is getting low and low every day. It was same thing happen with the Bitcoin in the past then it has reached where it is right now. Will we see the ethereum competing with bitcoin in the coming one year?
I still hope that Ethereum can "flippen" Bitcoin and become the #1 overall cryptocurrency in terms of market cap. It got so close in 2017 but this year it has been suffering in comparison to BTC... I do think it's technical advancement can get it more adoption and usage than BTC though!

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
I actually think that a flippening would be a bad thing for the whole eco system, especially since Ethereum is not as proven nor as secure as bitcoin is. If indeed Ethereum makes good attempts to solve its scaling issues, improves its privacy features (which is virtually non-existent), proves to be stable and has more network security and censorship resistance than bitcoin, and at the same time bitcoin doesn't improve at all, then it MIGHT deserve the number 1 position (if it becomes #1 before the previous is achieved, it would be very very unhealthy from market valuation perspective and from eco-system perspective). Also realize that Ethereum's use case is much different than that of bitcoin: bitcoin is by design supposed to be hard currency that can resist censorship; ethereum is by design a virtual machine in very experimental stage of which Ether is supposed to function as a utility token to pay for its operation, not as a currency or store of value. Everyone that hopes crypto will succeed should hope and pray that bitcoin will succeed remains to stay number 1 by far. If bitcoin fails, this is NOT a good thing for crypto at all!!

Jun 12, 2018
Ethereum is fast emerging as a major cryptocurrency. In the last few days, it has scaled new heights quite consistently.

Jun 12, 2018
I still hope that Ethereum can "flippen" Bitcoin and become the #1 overall cryptocurrency in terms of market cap. It got so close in 2017 but this year it has been suffering in comparison to BTC... I do think it's technical advancement can get it more adoption and usage than BTC though!
in the calendar year 2017, it is risen by about 3600%. This is one of the main reasons why most of the investors are also looking at Ethereum as a long-term investment bet.

Jun 12, 2018
I actually think that a flippening would be a bad thing for the whole eco system, especially since Ethereum is not as proven nor as secure as bitcoin is. If indeed Ethereum makes good attempts to solve its scaling issues, improves its privacy features (which is virtually non-existent), proves to be stable and has more network security and censorship resistance than bitcoin, and at the same time bitcoin doesn't improve at all, then it MIGHT deserve the number 1 position (if it becomes #1 before the previous is achieved, it would be very very unhealthy from market valuation perspective and from eco-system perspective). Also realize that Ethereum's use case is much different than that of bitcoin: bitcoin is by design supposed to be hard currency that can resist censorship; ethereum is by design a virtual machine in very experimental stage of which Ether is supposed to function as a utility token to pay for its operation, not as a currency or store of value. Everyone that hopes crypto will succeed should hope and pray that bitcoin will succeed remains to stay number 1 by far. If bitcoin fails, this is NOT a good thing for crypto at all!!
These are the 3 reasons why Ethereum is being more widely used. You need to keep in mind that when it comes to Ethereum, the more the platform is used, the higher would be the price of the token

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
These are the 3 reasons why Ethereum is being more widely used. You need to keep in mind that when it comes to Ethereum, the more the platform is used, the higher would be the price of the token
Hypothetically: If on the other hand one of the other Dapp/smart contract platforms come with an infinitely better technology and scaling solution (which either could or could not happen), that platform may attract more new users and projects while at the same time nothing stops the current projects from migrating to that other platform. The use of the Ethereum platform goes down, demand for Gas goes down and price of ETH goes down. Now this scenario does not have to occur and from all platforms I am most confident that Ethereum will stay a leader, but I just acknowledge that there is inherently more risk involved in holding Ether as "store of value" than holding "bitcoin". From a speculative perspective on the other hand, ETH may turn out more profitable later on, because it is now at such bargain price (beware there is also a substantial risk that it might get another wave to lower price levels!) and if they are able to make the promised improvements in time and deliver on those promises. However those extra profits come with the higher risk of holding Ether. So depending on someone's personal conviction and investment perspective, both investments (Bitcoin or Ethereum) might achieve the investor's personal goals, as long as they are aware of the risk/reward ratio that goes along with each approach.

Jun 12, 2018
Hypothetically: If on the other hand one of the other Dapp/smart contract platforms come with an infinitely better technology and scaling solution (which either could or could not happen), that platform may attract more new users and projects while at the same time nothing stops the current projects from migrating to that other platform. The use of the Ethereum platform goes down, demand for Gas goes down and price of ETH goes down. Now this scenario does not have to occur and from all platforms I am most confident that Ethereum will stay a leader, but I just acknowledge that there is inherently more risk involved in holding Ether as "store of value" than holding "bitcoin". From a speculative perspective on the other hand, ETH may turn out more profitable later on, because it is now at such bargain price (beware there is also a substantial risk that it might get another wave to lower price levels!) and if they are able to make the promised improvements in time and deliver on those promises. However those extra profits come with the higher risk of holding Ether. So depending on someone's personal conviction and investment perspective, both investments (Bitcoin or Ethereum) might achieve the investor's personal goals, as long as they are aware of the risk/reward ratio that goes along with each approach.
There is an extreme amount of excitement around blockchain projects for investing, innovation, and development. The amount of capital flowing into the space, mostly through ICOs, has put blockchain and smart contract developers on a pedestal.
Authorities in several countries have shared their intentions regarding the regulation and oversight of the crypto space.
Entrepreneurs are flocking to build decentralized communities, blockchains, and tokens where they
are not only unnecessary but, in some cases, detrimental to the system they are meant to underpin.
Uncertainty around regulation and value capture is orders of magnitude higher in the crypto-asset
space than with traditional equity investments, yet, almost absurdly, crypto-asset valuations have
ascended higher in comparison. Ethereum and its native asset, Ether (ETH), sit at the center of this
mania.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
There is an extreme amount of excitement around blockchain projects for investing, innovation, and development. The amount of capital flowing into the space, mostly through ICOs, has put blockchain and smart contract developers on a pedestal.
Authorities in several countries have shared their intentions regarding the regulation and oversight of the crypto space.
Entrepreneurs are flocking to build decentralized communities, blockchains, and tokens where they
are not only unnecessary but, in some cases, detrimental to the system they are meant to underpin.
Uncertainty around regulation and value capture is orders of magnitude higher in the crypto-asset
space than with traditional equity investments, yet, almost absurdly, crypto-asset valuations have
ascended higher in comparison. Ethereum and its native asset, Ether (ETH), sit at the center of this
mania.
.....Which is entire copied from this article: https://medium.com/@tetrascapital/e...ippening-of-market-irrationality-8633e70ab498

The article explains the bearish thesis on Ethereum and is written July 2018 and they claim building a short position since May 2018, which looks like a very profitable trade so far lol! Yet, anything can change for the better ofcourse, but I believe this thesis to be plausible enough to take into account when making investment and portfolio rebalancing diecisions. I don't know if it would still be a good idea to go into a "short" on ETH as the price has taken a lot of beating already, so one should be very confident of a lot more room for downward direction. Still, if the bear market continues, ETH will probably continue to get beaten too.

Jun 12, 2018
.....Which is entire copied from this article: https://medium.com/@tetrascapital/e...ippening-of-market-irrationality-8633e70ab498

The article explains the bearish thesis on Ethereum and is written July 2018 and they claim building a short position since May 2018, which looks like a very profitable trade so far lol! Yet, anything can change for the better ofcourse, but I believe this thesis to be plausible enough to take into account when making investment and portfolio rebalancing diecisions. I don't know if it would still be a good idea to go into a "short" on ETH as the price has taken a lot of beating already, so one should be very confident of a lot more room for downward direction. Still, if the bear market continues, ETH will probably continue to get beaten too.
Ethereum as a Decentralized Application Platform

icoinvest

Aug 24, 2018
ETH grows into a serious competitor among all alternative currencies. It's worth checking the value and have some of that currency for use.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Consistent double digit gains on weekly basis would be a good start and the inevitable dips should all be higher than the previous one; that would be positive sign number 2. However to take over #1 from bitcoin, there has to change something fundamentally as well in the crypto market to enable that and I am not sure if that is something we should wish for. The success and leadership role of Bitcoin are kinda important for the survival of the crypto market as a whole.