EOS registration only 41%

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
I read on this Reddit thread ( https://www.reddit.com/r/eos/comments/8lhp97 ) that only 41% of all EOS ERC20 tokens have been registered so far and there are only a few days left before they are all locked!!

Wtf why is the amount so low? Some people speculate that many people have their EOS tokens in exchanges but then that means barely any of the exchanges have registered their wallets yet!! Are they waiting for the last second?

This whole registration process is really a hassle... yes I know it's easy to do so but the fact is that many ppl (including me) like to buy some crypto and forget about it for a few years.

With this requirement to register, that's gonna screw over some EOS investors.

Thoughts?

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
Well I certainly hope Binance is going to register properly lol, bc that was the option I chose to not have to deal with the registration process and let them do it! And yes, I am quite sure that a vast majority of people and especially non-english speaking investors will not have done their registration properly, because they aren't aware, as a lot of english speaking buy and forget investors are not aware of it either. If let's say at the last moment eventually 60% turns out to have registered, still that would mean a MASSIVE coin burn after all tokens are locked. For anyone holding registered EOS and later mainnet tokens, that would be a huge advantage with such a decreased token supply.

Jun 12, 2018
yes, I am quite sure that a vast majority of people and especially non-english speaking investors will not have done their registration properly, because they aren't aware, as a lot of english speaking buy and forget investors are not aware of it either.