EOS Discussion

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
It will be an important year for EOS (2018): the 1 year ICO is coming to an end after raising a few billion $ in Ether and the mainnet should launch as well. Will it be the Ethereum killer as many claim it to be? Or will EOS serve its own niche but not compete with Ethereum in a direct sense? Former projects of Dan Larimer have been relatively successful or at least brought innovation to the crypto space and I believe all eyes are on EOS to see how far this will go! The EOS ERC20 token will get frozen in June 2018 and the EOS mainnet tokens will be distributed to registered token holders. Let's talk about EOS here. For more background info, I have included Kevin's Real Talk video that will provide some perspectives:

Last edited:

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
IMPORTANT: EOS ERC20 token freeze in June 2018 + REQUIRED REGISTRATION OF YOUR EOS TOKENS BEFORE JUNE 2018!!!

Additionally some info on the ERC20 token freeze: between June 1st and June 2nd, 2018 all EOS ERC20 tokens will get frozen and not be transferable anymore. EOS ERC20 holders are entitled to the EOS token on the mainnet when it launches. To achieve this swap ERC20 token holders would have to register there new EOS public key and connect it with their Ethereum wallet if you hold the EOS token in your own Ethereum wallet. If you have bought in the ICO it won't be necessary to register as far as I understood (but if you moved the tokens after the ICO, I am not sure whether in that case you should or wouldn't have to register; you will need to research this in that case). There are also exchanges supporting the swap, so if you have your EOS balance in these exchanges wallets, the process should be automatically as well. Examples of exchanges supporting the token swap/airdrop are: Binance, Kraken and Kucoin. If you have EOS on an exchange that doesn't support the mainnet airdrop, you will need to withdraw your EOS ERC20 tokens to an Ethereum wallet (Metamask or Myetherwallet) of which you control the private key; then register your tokens using that address. The general idea is that the snapshot for the airdrop will take place after the tokens are frozen and non-transferable; based on that snapshot the airdropped tokens will be distributed to the registered public keys linked to those Ethereum wallet addresses. If you move your EOS after registration to another Ethereum wallet, be sure to register the new address as well.

Registration of your personal EOS ERC20 tokens will include the following general steps (the full detailed steps you will find on the EOS page once you have found and entered the registration portal there; make sure you read all instructions and recommendations):

1. Go to https://eos.io/instructions (do not click links on google searches nor from other websites; preferably type in the URL yourself and double check the security lock and certificate ("issued to: eos.io") in your browser.)

2. Find and click the button "Get EOS"

3. You will need to confirm several things by checking all boxes and proceed

4. Now scroll the page until you find a tab "Register" and click it

5. Specifically read "Please note" as well for more explanation

6. Choose the right registration instructions depending your wallet: Metamask, Myetherwallet, Ethereum wallet

7. In the step by step process you will generate a public and private key pair: Please store this information very safe, and especially the private key preferably offline and make a backup of the private key as well. Your new EOS public key (NOT your EOS private key) you will need further in the registration process.

8. Continue the steps to register the link between your Ethereum wallet address and your EOS public key.

9. After all is completed, make sure to also follow the steps to verify that the registration has succeeded!

Be sure to dyor (do your own research) on this topic and beware of people trying to scam with phishing attempts, because for sure there will be many of those! You are never required to give up your private ETH or EOS key for this process (you only need to sign the registration using your Ethereum private key IN YOUR OWN ETH WALLET: Metamask, Myetherwallet or Ethereum Wallet), so if anyone asks for your private keys: they are trying to scam you! Stay vigilant!

Last edited:

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
The price movement of EOS is behaving quite interesting lately. The last EOS bull run made the price overstretched and the valuation above anyone's imagination! However, we need to keep in mind this is crypto markets, and we can't have any imagination on how assets should be valued. That said there has been some pull back since the most recent all time high. however currently that pull back seems to be stabilizing already. The price sometime is even moving opposite against Bitcoin or Ether when those are going down, which imo shows a lot of strength. Even though it might still correct further, especially if EOS doesn't succeed in making higher highs or if the whole market just pulls everything down, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if EOS has already bottomed and will soon resume it's way further upwards, especially if the market continues to be positive as well or at least stays stable. Just sharing some of my thoughts and you know it's just my 2 satoshis as always.

stellarowl12

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
The price movement of EOS is behaving quite interesting lately. The last EOS bull run made the price overstretched and the valuation above anyone's imagination! However, we need to keep in mind this is crypto markets, and we can't have any imagination on how assets should be valued. That said there has been some pull back since the most recent all time high. however currently that pull back seems to be stabilizing already. The price sometime is even moving opposite against Bitcoin or Ether when those are going down, which imo shows a lot of strength. Even though it might still correct further, especially if EOS doesn't succeed in making higher highs or if the whole market just pulls everything down, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if EOS has already bottomed and will soon resume it's way further upwards, especially if the market continues to be positive as well or at least stays stable. Just sharing some of my thoughts and you know it's just my 2 satoshis as always.
I aint touching EOS at these prices. I will keep on waiting until it corrects more :p

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
I aint touching EOS at these prices. I will keep on waiting until it corrects more
Haha and you were right! Prices dipped more after all, indeed triggered by a retracing overall market most likely and EOS took some more hits, which obviously seems the most logical thing to happen after such huge rally. Decisions of timing when to enter or exit depends a lot on being a short term trader or long term investor that believes in the project.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
IMPORTANT: EOS ERC20 token freeze in June 2018 + REQUIRED REGISTRATION OF YOUR EOS TOKENS BEFORE JUNE 2018!!!

Additionally some info on the ERC20 token freeze: between June 1st and June 2nd, 2018 all EOS ERC20 tokens will get frozen and not be transferable anymore. EOS ERC20 holders are entitled to the EOS token on the mainnet when it launches. To achieve this swap ERC20 token holders would have to register there new EOS public key and connect it with their Ethereum wallet if you hold the EOS token in your own Ethereum wallet. If you have bought in the ICO it won't be necessary to register as far as I understood (but if you moved the tokens after the ICO, I am not sure whether in that case you should or wouldn't have to register; you will need to research this in that case). There are also exchanges supporting the swap, so if you have your EOS balance in these exchanges wallets, the process should be automatically as well. Examples of exchanges supporting the token swap/airdrop are: Binance, Kraken and Kucoin. If you have EOS on an exchange that doesn't support the mainnet airdrop, you will need to withdraw your EOS ERC20 tokens to an Ethereum wallet (Metamask or Myetherwallet) of which you control the private key; then register your tokens using that address. The general idea is that the snapshot for the airdrop will take place after the tokens are frozen and non-transferable; based on that snapshot the airdropped tokens will be distributed to the registered public keys linked to those Ethereum wallet addresses. If you move your EOS after registration to another Ethereum wallet, be sure to register the new address as well.

Registration of your personal EOS ERC20 tokens will include the following general steps (the full detailed steps you will find on the EOS page once you have found and entered the registration portal there; make sure you read all instructions and recommendations):

1. Go to https://eos.io/instructions (do not click links on google searches nor from other websites; preferably type in the URL yourself and double check the security lock and certificate ("issued to: eos.io") in your browser.)

2. Find and click the button "Get EOS"

3. You will need to confirm several things by checking all boxes and proceed

4. Now scroll the page until you find a tab "Register" and click it

5. Specifically read "Please note" as well for more explanation

6. Choose the right registration instructions depending your wallet: Metamask, Myetherwallet, Ethereum wallet

7. In the step by step process you will generate a public and private key pair: Please store this information very safe, and especially the private key preferably offline and make a backup of the private key as well. Your new EOS public key (NOT your EOS private key) you will need further in the registration process.

8. Continue the steps to register the link between your Ethereum wallet address and your EOS public key.

9. After all is completed, make sure to also follow the steps to verify that the registration has succeeded!

Be sure to dyor (do your own research) on this topic and beware of people trying to scam with phishing attempts, because for sure there will be many of those! You are never required to give up your private ETH or EOS key for this process (you only need to sign the registration using your Ethereum private key IN YOUR OWN ETH WALLET: Metamask, Myetherwallet or Ethereum Wallet), so if anyone asks for your private keys: they are trying to scam you! Stay vigilant!
Just to for extra clarification: If you did participate in the ICO for EOS, I am not 100% sure if you do or do not have to register a new EOS public key in relationship with your ERC20 token addresse(s). I have not researched this specific situation, although I am quite sure that if you moved the tokens to an Ethereum wallet (after claiming the tokens), I am almost sure you will need to register. But once again, didn't research these specific circumstances, so if this applies to you, make sure you do your research thoroughly right away so you won't be getting any surprises when the time comes.

Jun 12, 2018
There are also exchanges supporting the swap, so if you have your EOS balance in these exchanges wallets, the process should be automatically as well.