Bitcoin discussion

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
A

Adriano

Let's talk about Bitcoin. What is your opinion about technology, scaling issues, price, future. Will it keep a dominant position?

Last edited by a moderator:

Helga

Apr 28, 2018
India
Bitcoin is one of the cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is now trendy coin
  • Not under any government.
  • Decentralised digital currency.
So many people start bitcoin business.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
www.bitcoinforbeginners.io
Just for everyone's information: BTC has for the longest period of time being scrutinized for its outrageous fees, especially when the hype was full swing and the network became practically unusable and fees made no sense to actually use BTC for payments. Ethereum, Litecoin and even BCH turned out to be much better alternatives.

Well since the latest bubble popped, network tx usage has dropped significantly because the demand for BTC dropped and more and more parties started to use segwit and exchanges like Coinbase started to batch transactions to make more efficient use of the network.

I made some BTC and ETH transactions lately and can announce that it is now actually cheaper to use BTC than ETH at times or at least very similar when the Ethereum Network is not on too much pressure. Just so you know that we can reasonably use BTC again for what it is meant for.

Jun 12, 2018
Bitcoin is one of the cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is now trendy coin but when BTC dropped and more and more parties started to use segwit and exchanges like Coinbase started to batch transactions to make more efficient use of the network.

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
What do you think when Bitcoin comes out of the stagnation in which the market is currently?
Tbh as this seems to have become a real bear market, it could theoretically stay in a downtrend until maybe into 2019 and it may take even a year or more after that to pass through its all time high again (20k). On the other hand, a string of catalysts could just as well turn the tide and reverse the bear market into a raging bull market any given time. But as long that doesn't really happen, we just have to sit still patiently. And if we are really confident about the long term future and price development, I guess it is a great period for accumulating.

varsam

Jun 9, 2018
I belive next 2 years it will stay in the range of $1800-$5000.Now depending of the triangle breaking will see testing $5000 or continue to drop under $3000.
Screenshot_25.png

Adriaan Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
I belive next 2 years it will stay in the range of $1800-$5000.Now depending of the triangle breaking will see testing $5000 or continue to drop under $3000.
View attachment 45
It's gonna be quite hard indeed to break the 5-6k zone in the foreseeable future. And i think it is cetainly not unrealistic to expect 1-2 years of ongoing bear market. However, bc the halvening is scheduled for 2020, i would expect the boottom to be in before that and gradually move into higher territory breaking 6k under influence of the halvening. Impo