Hey everyone, we have a BOLD plan and we need YOUR help to make it happen… Are you tired of all the regulatory uncertainty that’s preventing the crypto market from thriving? Well fortunately there’s something we can do about it – but we need to act soon!
If you haven’t heard yet, two US Congressmen, Tom Emmers (R-MN) and Warren Davidson (R-OH), are planning to introduce various legislation that could help provide some clarity to the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. I won’t dive too deep into what they are proposing, but in short, it would benefit miners, traders, ICOs, and just generally push the IRS and SEC to provide more regulatory clarity without stifling business/innovation.
We’re very excited because one of those bills could make crypto tokens their own asset class and NOT A SECURITY! It’s also very promising because these bills seem to have bipartisan support! For more information, you can watch my video about these bills and their surrounding context:
We’re super pumped about this news because it could help kick start the lagging bear market back into a bull market. However, bills usually have a very hard time passing Congress. Over 10,000 bills are usually introduced with only a TINY fraction making it through the entire process and getting signed into a law. So what can we do to help push this forward?
Our plan of action (a Twitter campaign)
We want to create public awareness and generate enough buzz on Twitter so that our Congressional representatives can’t help but to notice and take these bills seriously. These days, everyone in Congress has an official Twitter account, so that’s what we’ll target.
Some proposed steps for crafting your Tweet:
- Include the hashtag #CongressForCrypto
- Include mentions of the two bill’s sponsors @WarrenDavidson and @RepTomEmmer
- Include mention of your OWN personal Congressional representative
- Let them know you want them to take this bill seriously because it will help bring more innovation and business to the US.
- Include mentions of other members on the House Financial Services Committee, because they have oversight over the SEC.
As an example, here is my tweet that I will be sending:
But don’t stop there. Help get the #CongressForCrypto hashtag TRENDING on Twitter by doing the following:
- Tweet multiple times using the #CongressForCrypto hashtag
- Include other popular hashtags like #Bitcoin or #Cryptocurrency
- Tag your friends in crypto who can help use the hashtag in their tweets too
- Tag famous crypto figureheads who have a lot of followers to convince them to join the campaign
- Ask your followers to RT your tweet (or post their own using the hashtag)
- Share this article too so that other people can see our grand plan
Are you all up for a challenge? Can we, the crypto world, put our differences aside and COME TOGETHER for this movement? After all, we all want sensible crypto laws so that we can get back to innovating and growing the space instead of playing this wait and see game that’s draining us all… WE GOT THIS!
This article was written to the best of our knowledge with the information available to us. We do not guarantee that every bit of information is completely accurate or up-to-date. Please use this information as a complement to your own research. Nothing we write in any of our articles is intended as investment advice nor as an endorsement to buy/sell/hold anything. Cryptocurrency investments are inherently risky so you should never invest more than you can afford to lose.